100% whole wheat, oats, low sugar, low fat wholesome goodness.
Make and share this 100% Whole Wheat Wholesome Muffin Mix recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup dry oatmeal
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons powdered milk (or add milk to wet mix instead)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon powdered eggs (in dry mix) or 1 egg (added into wet mix)
- 1 cup mashed fruit or 1 cup bananas or 1 cup applesauce or 1 cup yogurt or 1 cup mashed pumpkin or 1 cup zucchini or 1 cup carrots or 1 cup beans or 1 cup potatoes or 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons oil (if using peanut butter above do not add in extra oil)
- 1⁄4 cup water (or milk if no powdered milk in dry mix)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup raisins or 1 cup chocolate chips or 1 cup dried apples, slices or 1 cup banana chips or 1 cup blueberries or 1⁄2 cup nuts
- 1 egg (in wet mix if no egg powder in dry mix)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (if mashed fruit or additive is not sweet)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon or 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 8 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- Mix dry ingredients together. For a bulk mix: double or quadruple the mix. Put mix in a Ziploc bag.
- Label mix bag with cooking instructions.
- To make 1 batch of muffins measure out 2 cups of Dry Mix.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- For banana chips or apple slices, crush and pre soak in 1/4 c more water let fruit stand until softened before baking.
- Spray oil on muffin tins.
- Fill muffin tins with batter.
- Bake at 350°F until golden 10-15 minutes.