Recipe by tdritchie
This recipe turns out great homemade rolls for those who love 100% whole wheat bread. They rose beautifully and plump in the oven. Makes 20-25 rolls depending on how big you make them. I made 2 inch dough balls and they rose to 3 inches after baked. To make more rolls just make the dough balls smaller.
- 2 tablespoons yeast
- 2 cups lukewarm water (105-125 degrees, 16 oz.)
- 1⁄4 cup honey (2 oz.)
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil (6 oz.)
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 7 cups whole wheat flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve yeast in water and honey for about 5 minutes.
- Combine honey, olive oil, eggs, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Slowly add Flour and knead until it loosens from sides of the bowl.
- Place in large oiled bowl, cover and let rise until about double. About one hour, be sure it is in a warm place.
- Punch down and remove Dough.
- Shape dough into rolls about 2 inch in diameter.
- Place on an oiled or non stick baking sheet, cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake at about 375 degrees for about 20 minutes or until browned.