1/3 Photos of 100% Whole Wheat, Multipurpose Dough - Pizza, Buns, Bread
1 hr 15 mins
Red Apple Guy's Note:
whole grain dough kept refrigerated (or frozen) for pizza, pretzels, or buns. The method is similar to Reinhart's "artisan breads every day". Preparation time does not include refrigeration overnight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix ingredients well (add salt and yeast at different times) and let rest 5 minutes.
- 2Knead by dough hook for 7 - 8 minutes.
- 3Stretch and fold and place in an oiled container to rest.
- 4After 10 minutes, stretch & fold again. Do the same two more times and place in fridge.
- 5After an overnight stay in the fridge (up to 3 days) divide the dough into 8 oz pieces (6) for pizza or 2.9 oz pieces (16) for buns or a combination of both.
- 6For pizza dough, place each ball into an oiled plastic sandwich bag and place into the fridge for use within 3 days or freeze for a month or so. Thaw in the fridge overnight.
- 7Roll each piece of dough for bun into balls and press or roll into round flats 3.5 " to 4" in diameter. Repress to maintain diameter and place on parchment covered to rise for 20 to 30 minutes.
- 8Preheat oven to 375 F.
- 9When risen to 1.5 the original volume, place into the oven. Bake 8 minutes and rotate.
- 10Bake 4 to 6 more minutes until the rolls are 200 F internally.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 100% Whole Wheat, Multipurpose Dough - Pizza, Buns, Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1440 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 196.7
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 365.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 6.1 g