I created these one day for my kiddies when I couldn't find a recipe that fit my bill. They turned out great! Note: If you like fluffy pancakes stir wet ingredients into dry with a wooden spoon leaving some lumps (more lumps=bigger cakes), alternately if you like thin pancakes, like me, use your blender to mix all the ingredients at once and blend until smooth UPDATE: SEPT '07: For those who don't like really thick pancakes try reducing flour by 1/2cup and replacing it with milk, this will give a runnier batter and should give a thinner pancake :)THANKS FOR THE COMMENTS EVERYONE!!! (GOOD AND BAD, WE ALL LEARN FROM CRITISISM TOO ;) )
- Depending on your preference (see description above) blend/mix all ingredients except fruit.
- Heat pan on medium till drop of water "dances" in pan.
- Pour batter into pan to desired size of pancake, if using fruit add small handfuls to individual cakes after pouring into pan (I've done both adding to batter and adding to individual cakes and this works best for me, fruit tends to sink to bottom of bowl but both ways are acceptable).
- When bubbles appear on surface and begin to "sink" flip and cook on other side until brown.
- Note: if you are using a good non-stick pan it is not necessary to use oil in the pan!
- Repeat with remaining batter until all gone.
- Serve with favorite topping i.e., fruit, syrup, jam etc.