Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This recipe was included with my old Black and Decker bread machine. This bread is wonderful.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons powdered milk
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 1⁄3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast
- Follow directions for your machine for a 2-pound loaf of whole wheat bread.
- Instructions for my machine are: Add all ingredients in the order listed. (I combine the water and powdered milk and heat them in microwave on high for 30 seconds before putting in baking pan and then add the remaining ingredients.).
- Insert the baking pan into the oven chamber and lock the pan.
- Select Whole Wheat setting and 2 pound loaf.
- Press start.
- When the baking is finished, I like to put the loaf in a large zip lock bag and seal it. Then place on wire rack to cool completely before slicing.
Good recipe. I replaced the margarine with canola oil and added 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 3/4 to a cup of raisins at the beep on my bread machine. Awesome cinnamon raisin bread, and even better when toasted.
Janem, Thank you for our Go-To bread recipe. My powdered milk is for camping use only so I use 1 cup milk and 1/2 cup water and unsalted butter in place of the margarine (my DS is on a low sodium diet so its all I have). My family loves this bread, and its wonderful for sandwiches. So simple my 7 year old DD makes it for me sometimes! Thanks again, a total keeper!
This was easy and yummy! I didn't have molasses so I just substituted honey and it was very moist, this will be perfect for sandwiches this week!