Prep 2 hrs 40 mins
Cook 35 mins
This bread light and has good texture.
Make and share this 100% Whole Wheat Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 cups warm water
- 1⁄4 cup Agave
- 1 tablespoon yeast (I like Red Star)
- 6 cups whole wheat bread, four (I use Bob's Red Mill)
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1⁄4 cup oil (I use walnut oil)
- Combine warm water and agave in mixer. Sprinkler yeast over the top, let set for 3 minute Add 3 c flour, turn mixer on low and gradually increase speed to med high speed. Let run for 8 to 10 minute At this point get a little of dough better two fingers pull them apart. You should have a nice long strand of gluten. Take out mixing blade. Cover the bowl with a towel and let set for 30 minute.
- Scrap the risen dough down off the sides of the bowl. Sprinkle salt over the dough and add the oil. Put dough hook on mixer, let mix on med until all the oil is incorporated into the dough. Stop the mixer. Add 2 Celsius of flour around the edges of the bowl. Let mixer run 5 minutes Then gradually add remaining cup of flour, Dough should start to ball up and pull away from the sides of the bowl. As you get all the flour incorporated it will start to stick again. Stop the mixer at this point. Place 1 T oil in larger bowl, spread oil around bowl then scrap the dough into the bowl. Form the dough into a bowl, cover and let set until double in bulk, about 1 hour.
- After second rising it is ready to form into loaves. Dough will be sticky and you need to add a little more flour as you shape the loaves but be careful not to add too more or the bread will be dry and heavy. Let formed loaves rise for 45 min to an 1 hours Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.