Prep 5 hrs
Cook 40 mins
Simple, healthy and delicious whole wheat bread.
Make and share this 100% Whole Wheat Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups water (120F)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- To soften yeast, combine it with water in a 2 cup measuring cup/bowl.
- In a large bowl, mix salt, sugar, and 1 cup whole wheat flour.
- Stir the yeast mixture to the flour mixture, adding the remaining whole wheat flour and olive oil to make a soft dough.
- Knead for 4-5 minutes. Cover and let rise until doubled.
- Punch the dough down, shape it and let it rise for the 2nd time in baking pan for another hour.
- Bake at 375F for 35 to 45 minutes.