1/1 Photo of 100% Whole Wheat Bread
Kansas A's Note:
I haven't bought a loaf of store bought bread for almost a year and have experimented with quite a few recipes. I made this recipe up, after having a few doorstops, and now pretty much use this recipe all the time. It comes out very light, and tastes like white bread!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add the first four ingredients into Bosch bread mixer along with FIVE cups of flour.
- 2Mix briefly.
- 3Let sit for 20 minutes to proof yeast. (I know it sounds weird to proof instant yeast but this works).
- 4After 20 minutes the mixture should be quite high, if not, throw out and start again with new yeast.
- 5Then add the next three ingredients with 7 cups of flour.
- 6You might use more or less flour but mix in one cup at a time until dough is sticky but not dry.
- 7I add the gluten flour because, as far as I know, whole wheat flour has very little gluten and bread just won't rise well without it -- believe me I've tried and ended up with doorstops, reeeeeealy heavy doorstops!
- 8After adding the last of the flour turn your Bosch down to 1 and knead for 7 minutes (I picked 7 just because it's a lucky number). I'm sorta fanatical about the size of my bread so I weigh my dough, roughly 750 grams for whole wheat bread.
- 9I get 5 full size loaves and 1 smaller one with this recipe.
- 10I bake it on convection bake for about 25 minutes at 350 degrees in greased pans. It doesn't taste like whole wheat and has a very light texture.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 100% Whole Wheat Bread
Serving Size: 1 (3467 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1525.3
- Calories from Fat 319
- Total Fat 35.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1431.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 253.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 36.9 g
- Sugars 38.3 g
- Protein 69.4 g