1 hr 5 mins
This bread is made with ground up wheat using a wheat grinder and the Bosch machine. I'm sure any kitchen mixer (with dough hook) could be used. This is the recipe I make all the time (and have for the past 15 years). A grinding machine does pay for itself in more ways than one. One bushel of wheat will buy about 3 to 4 loaves of bread or you could grind your own wheat and make 65-70 loaves of nutrious whole wheat bread. and the taste MMMMM
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grind 8 or 9 cups of wheat in the kitchen mill.
- 2(Add about 1/2 cup millet and 1/2 cup flax seed).
- 3Put oil, water, dough enhancer and honey into bosch bowl.
- 4Jog (or pulse) a few times to mix.
- 5Add approximately 6 cups of flour and jog to moisten the flour.
- 6Add yeast and salt.
- 7If you would like to add whole grains (eg millet or flax) add them at this time instead of grinding it with the flour at the beginning.
- 8Start machine gradually adding flour and let it moisten before adding more.
- 9You have added enough flour when the dough begins to leave the bottom of the bowl.
- 10The sides will clean as it kneads.
- 11Knead 7 to 10 minutes.
- 12Remove and shape into 4 loaves.
- 13(8"x4" greased pans).
- 14Cover with tea towel and plastic sheet.
- 15Let rise until double in volume, approximately 20 to 25 minutes.
- 16Preheat oven to 350°F-375°F and bake for 30 minutes.
- 17The bread is done when it clearly leaves the sides of the pan and the loaf sounds hollow when you tap the bottom with your finger.
- 18Place on a cooling rack.
- 19Prep time includes standing time.
- 20Note: dough enhancer can usually be purchased where you purchase the wheat or possibly at a health food store.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 100 % Whole Wheat Bread
Serving Size: 1 (2556 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1298.1
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1759.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 268.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 43.9 g
- Sugars 14.3 g
- Protein 38.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: