Top Review by A Cookie Obsession
I used agave syrup instead of honey and 1 T flaxseed a 3 T water instead of egg, and my flour was whole wheat pastry flour. Made this way I felt these were really very yummy. Next time I will sub some oil with applesauce. Oh I did add vanilla and orange extract too ( 1 tsp each)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Coat 12 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Sift together the flour and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, egg whites, oil, and honey until creamy, then stir in the blueberries.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry.
- Fold together with a rubber spatula until the batter is moist yet remains slightly lumpy.
- Pour into muffin cups and bake 30 to 35 minutes.