NO butter, NO added sugar, NO flour, NO splenda... And STILL a cake?! Yup, that's right. And it IS still sweet and delicious! Finally a cake that is not just heatlhier than normal cake, but completely guilt free! Really, this is REALLY GOOD FOR YOU, low calorie and satisfies the sweet tooth! The whole batch is roughly 600 calories and almost fat free! (the automatic calculation is a little off)
My Private Note
cake sl ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup canned corn (can be replaced with boiled sweet potato or pumkin)
- 4 tablespoons 100% apple juice
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup instant oats
- 1 banana
- 1 handful walnuts
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon (replace with ground cardemom)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar (optional)
- 1Preheat the oven to 200 celsius / 395 fahrenheit.
- 2Rinse the corn in cold water 2-3 times and drain.
- 3Puree corn, apple juice and 1 egg until smooth. The puree will smell strongly of corn, but don't worry. The cake won't taste like this.
- 4In a blender, whisk egg whites until very stiff. Meanwhile, transfer the corn to a bowl and add oats.
- 5Add baking powder, vanilla and spices to the corn/oat mixture and stir very well. The dough will have a thick oatmeal-like texture. If you want, you can add 1 tsp of peanut butter for extra flavour.
- 6Cut the banana into coins and each coin into approximately 6 pieces. Chop the walnuts.
- 7Add banana and walnuts to the corn/oat mixture.
- 8Use a big flat spoon and scoop an amount equal of 4 tablespoons of the very stiff egg whites into the corn/oat mixture and stir until even.
- 9Add the corn/oat mixture to the remaining egg whites, but DON'T STIR UNTIL EVEN.
- 10Just mix lightly. There will be puffs of egg white here and there.
- 11Add baking sheets to a 10x20 square baking tray or any other equally sized heat resistant tray you may have in handy.
- 12Pour the thick mixture into the tray and bake for 15 minutes.
- 13Done! Your fluffy, spicy, moist, sweet, delicious and incredibly healthy cake is ready!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 100% Healthy & Lucious Spice Cake (Low Calorie)
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 713.9
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 211.5 mg
- Sodium 750.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 125.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 22.9 g
- Sugars 27.3 g
- Protein 31.6 g