The mayonnaise in this may sound strange, but it it the "secret ingredient" that makes the cake so moist. I recommend not using Miracle Whip as it contains spices and flavorings that might alter the taste. They make great cupcakes too.
- Mix all cake ingredients till well blended.
- Bake in 2 greased round cake pans in 350°F oven for 30 minutes.
- Cool, while cake cools completely mix filling and spread between cooled cake rounds and frost with Grandmas Fudge Frosting (recipe #123920).
- Must refrigerate if serve with pudding filling.
- Prep time does not include cooling time.
Just as easy and good as I remember. It was too thick so I added a few tablespoons of water to get to the right consistency. Made for My 3 Chegs.