Recipe by leithead
This is an altered recipe (banana and peach cake) that I need to try out.
Top Review by tuutsy
Moist and not overly sweet. The fruit carries the sweetness on this treat. It's more of a muffin than a cupcake, but a great snack! On my second (!) time making these, I left the peaches in bigger chunks. I think it's fun to get a big (like 1/2 inch) piece of peach in a bite. Yum! Try these. They're also great for making with kids. Quick and easy and good. I don't know why the other reviewer had such a bad experience. Perhaps a lump of baking powder? Try sifting it next time.
- 1⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute or 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons applesauce or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (14 ounce) can peaches (chunks, strained)
- 1 large banana (mashed, ripe)
- 1 cup unbleached flour or 1 cup wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda