Kate DeMello's Note:
This recipe was seen on the Biggest Loser TV show. They are light and a real treat for those watching their weight!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- 2Place the egg whites in a large bowl and using a handheld mixer whip the whites on medium speed for 3 to 4 minutes or until the whites begin to lighten up and hold their shape.
- 3Increase speed to high and whip in the salt and honey until the whites hold a soft peak, then add the vanilla extract.
- 4Fold in the yogurt.
- 5In a separate medium mixing bowl combine the flour and baking powder and mix well.
- 6Sift the dry ingredients into the egg whites a little at a time, gently folding them in with a rubber spatula.
- 7Once fully incorporated, scoop the batter into cupcake tins lined with cupcake papers.
- 8Bake the cupcakes for 15 to 20 minutes or until they have colored and gently spring back when pushed with a finger.
- 9Remove from the oven and cool the cupcakes at room temperature.
- 10While the cupcakes are baking, puree the raspberries in a blender until smooth.
- 11Pass through a fine mesh strainer into a small saucepot and cook over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until the puree reduces slightly.
- 12Cool completely.
- 13Place the cream cheese into a medium mixing bowl and fold the puree into the cream cheese until fully mixed.
- 14Once cupcakes are cool, spread a little of the berry frosting over the cupcakes, garnish each with one raspberry and serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 100 Calorie Cupcakes With Raspberry Frosting (Courtesy of Curtis
Serving Size: 1 (55 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 79.6
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 11.5 mg
- Sodium 116.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 3.6 g