Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Yes, there are 100,000 calories in each of these cookie bars. I counted each one as it made its way directly to my hips.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup evaporated milk (not sweetened condensed)
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- 50 caramels, unwrapped
- 1⁄3 cup evaporated milk (yes, again)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together the cake mix, butter and 1/3 cup evaporated milk.
- Spread half of this mixture in a 13x9 inch pan (I usually line the pan with parchment paper).
- Bake for 6 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips and nuts on top of the baked mixture.
- Melt caramels in the second 1/3 cup of evaporated milk (I do this in the microwave).
- Drizzle thisover the nuts and chocolate chips.
- Pat remaining batter on top of this.
- Bake for and additional 20 minutes.
- Cool and cut into bars.
I know this recipe as "Better Than Sex Brownies." As one famous food personality says, YUM-O! They are delish, but sooo sweet. I will try to make these again soon so my kids can get a taste!
Easy to make yummy cookie bars starting with a cake mix. I finally got to the store to get the Kraft caramels to make it (the weather here has been freezing). Very rich square, definitely not for calorie watchers, and you only need a small square to satisfy your need for something sweet. I will make them again when I am craving a sweet 'fix'. My hips are happy!!!