Recipe by Mirj
Yes, there are 100,000 calories in each of these cookie bars. I counted each one as it made its way directly to my hips.
Top Review by Susiecat too
I know this recipe as "Better Than Sex Brownies." As one famous food personality says, YUM-O! They are delish, but sooo sweet. I will try to make these again soon so my kids can get a taste!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup evaporated milk (not sweetened condensed)
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- 50 caramels, unwrapped
- 1⁄3 cup evaporated milk (yes, again)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together the cake mix, butter and 1/3 cup evaporated milk.
- Spread half of this mixture in a 13x9 inch pan (I usually line the pan with parchment paper).
- Bake for 6 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips and nuts on top of the baked mixture.
- Melt caramels in the second 1/3 cup of evaporated milk (I do this in the microwave).
- Drizzle thisover the nuts and chocolate chips.
- Pat remaining batter on top of this.
- Bake for and additional 20 minutes.
- Cool and cut into bars.