Kozmic Blues's Note:
This brownie recipe is super quick and simple, and can be made from ingredients most people have right in their pantries. Perfect for a last minute chocolately brownie craving! I found this recipe in The Students' Go-Vegan Cookbook. The original recipe called for 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce, which I did not have at the time. Instead, I used 1/2 cup silken tofu, and it worked out great. To keep these brownies vegan, please check the ingredients list of your semi-sweet dark chocolate chips, as many brands do contain dairy, even though they are not actually "milk" chocolate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Lightly oil a 6x9 baking pan and set aside.
- 3Combine oil and chocolate chips in a sauce pan over low heat and gently stir until melted.
- 4I did this step in the microwave, heating the chocolate and oil in two 30 second increments, and then another 10 seconds, stirring in between each time until melted.
- 5In a separate bowl combine the apple sauce OR silken tofu, sugar and vanilla. Whip this with a whisk or use a stand mixer to get the wet ingredients really combined well.
- 6Add the melted chocolate to the apple sauce (or tofu) mixture.
- 7Next add the flour and baking soda to the chocolate, and stir gently to combine. Don't over mix. Over mixing can make the brownies really dense and heavy.
- 8Pour the batter into the pan, smooth the top, and bake for 25 to 30 minutes (Mine were perfect at 25).
- 9Do not slice the brownies until they have cooled.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 10-Minute Vegan Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (844 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 156.2
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1090.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 15.8 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: