Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This soup is good served with parmesan toasts. Recipe is from Woman's Day.
Make and share this 10-Minute Tuscan Tomato Soup With Parmesan Toasts recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (24 -26 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 1 (19 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 3⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil (thin strips)
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 12 slices French bread
- 12 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
- Put sauce, beans, peppers, oil and garlic in a blender or food processor; process until smooth.
- Pour into medium saucepan along with the broth.
- Stirring often, bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Remove from heat; stir in basil.
- Spoon into bowls; grind pepper on top.
- For Parmesan toasts, heat broiler.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place 12 thin slices bread on foil; sprinkle each slice with 1 t grated Parmesan cheese.
- Broil 2-3 minutes until lightly toasted.
Awesome recipe. So easy, very tasty and quick! I used my nutribullet in place of a food processor and everything liquified into a smooth consistency. Didn't have white beans so I subbed kidney beans, came out just fine! I even added a little parmesan cheese to the soup with a little salt too.
A really good tomato soup. I'll never make the kind in the can again.
This was my first time to make tomato soup from scratch. I loved the combination of tomatoes and roasted red peppers. Very tasty soup and the parmesan toasts were a great compliment to the soup. I had panini sandwiches on the side. Very easy, tasty dinner for a cool spring evening. Thanks for posting. You have some great recipes, Lainey6605.