Recipe by Lainey6605
This soup is good served with parmesan toasts. Recipe is from Woman's Day.
Top Review by kiawhiting
Awesome recipe. So easy, very tasty and quick! I used my nutribullet in place of a food processor and everything liquified into a smooth consistency. Didn't have white beans so I subbed kidney beans, came out just fine! I even added a little parmesan cheese to the soup with a little salt too.
- 1 (24 -26 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 1 (19 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 3⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil (thin strips)
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 12 slices French bread
- 12 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Put sauce, beans, peppers, oil and garlic in a blender or food processor; process until smooth.
- Pour into medium saucepan along with the broth.
- Stirring often, bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Remove from heat; stir in basil.
- Spoon into bowls; grind pepper on top.
- For Parmesan toasts, heat broiler.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place 12 thin slices bread on foil; sprinkle each slice with 1 t grated Parmesan cheese.
- Broil 2-3 minutes until lightly toasted.