Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
This is a quick meal--10 minutes to the table--tastes great too!
Top Review by rseal
I just made this dish for my teenage daughter and her boyfriend. I used already thin cut chicken breast filets so that saved time not having to pound them out. I used seasoned salt, garlic powder and pepper on the chicken and sautéed them in good olive oil. Fresh bacon, crumbled, as well as freshly grated cheddar cheese. My daughter's boyfriend took one bite and asked me if there was more of the chicken, when I replied yes he said "THANK GOD". He is a picky eater so 'nuff said!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup bacon bits
Directions See How It's Made
- Flatten chicken to 1/4 inch thickness; sprinkle with garlic powder, and salt.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium, heat brown chicken in oil for 4 minutes; turn.
- Top with mushrooms, cheese, green onion, and bacon; cover and cook until chicken juices run clear and cheese is melted, about 4 minutes.