Prep 2 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is a quick meal--10 minutes to the table--tastes great too!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup bacon bits
- Flatten chicken to 1/4 inch thickness; sprinkle with garlic powder, and salt.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium, heat brown chicken in oil for 4 minutes; turn.
- Top with mushrooms, cheese, green onion, and bacon; cover and cook until chicken juices run clear and cheese is melted, about 4 minutes.
I just made this dish for my teenage daughter and her boyfriend. I used already thin cut chicken breast filets so that saved time not having to pound them out. I used seasoned salt, garlic powder and pepper on the chicken and sautéed them in good olive oil. Fresh bacon, crumbled, as well as freshly grated cheddar cheese. My daughter's boyfriend took one bite and asked me if there was more of the chicken, when I replied yes he said "THANK GOD". He is a picky eater so 'nuff said!
I was searching for a Low Carb recipe when I found this one, and although I must admit, I altered a few items (eliminating the bacon bits and garlic powder in favor of my own spices and I used Low Fat 4-cheese Mexican Blend Cheese), after browning the chicken breasts and mushrooms and onions (and I added a little green bell pepper), I placed the breasts with the toppings in a baking dish and cooked them in my oven for 25 minutes. I doubled the recipe to use at a dinner party and it was a huge hit -- everyone LOVED it and couldn't believe it was actually an approved diet meal (served with mashed cauliflower and broccoli).
Well, I have to admit, I changed quite a bit, but this recipie inspired me. I used tex mex seasoning instead of garlic powder or salt, omitted the mushrooms as we don't like them. I used a slice of real cheddar cheese and sprinkled with bacon bits and chives. Cooked as directed while I reheated some frozen rice, boiled corn and tossed a salad. Entire meal was on the table in 15 min! DH hates chicken and he almost finished it all!