Recipe by carrie sheridan
from a generations-old family recipe - as easy as opening a box of brownie mix - and the best gooey brownie i have ever tasted in 55 years!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons nestle's tollhouse cocoa powder
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 -2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1 1⁄3 cups powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter. Stir in sugar and cocoa. Add flour. Mix. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix. Stir in chopped walnuts or pecans.
- Butter 8 x 8 inch glass pan. Spoon mixture into it and bake at 350 for about 25 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool until warm but not hot [15 minutes approximately].
- Make frosting:.
- Melt butter and stir in an equal part of powdered cocoa.
- Dump in some powdered sugar, add a little half and half. Stir.
- Keep tweaking ingredients, according to your own taste, until you get your preferred sweetness and spreadability.
- Frost brownies.