This is not a gourmet cake, but it is a quick chocolate fix. This cake cooks in about 5-7 minutes in the microwave, yes the microwave believe it or not! Depending on your microwave as to how much pudding will be in it,it will be a cakey,brownie,pudding like dessert.I like to top it with Ice cream and fudge and whip cream for a quick Ice cream brownie treat or powdered sugar and chocolate sauce.
- Boil water with 3 tbsp of sugar and set aside.
- Combine all dry ingredients (first 5 ingredients) in a bowl, then add eggs,melted butter and vanilla until well blended, mixture will be thick.
- Butter a 9 inch microwavable pan or tupperware, even if its a tad smaller it's ok.
- Spread mixture evenly into the buttered pan.
- Very slowly pour water into the center of the mixture and do not stir!
- Cover well, with plastic wrap or lid.
- Cook in microwave on regular power for 5 minutes, check it to make sure it's set and if not put back in microwave for a couple more minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with your favorite toppings.