Prep 2 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is a recipe given to me by my sister in law. By using minute rice, small scallops or shrimp, and spicy thinly sliced pepperoni, dinner will be on the table in less than 10 minutes.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 lb small shrimp or 1⁄2 lb bay scallop
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1⁄3 cups Minute Rice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup pepperoni, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup frozen green pea
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Saute shrimp (or scallops) and garlic in oil until mostly cooked, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in cornstarch and cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add broth, tomatoes, peas, pepperoni and tobasco. Stir together.
- Add minute rice, stir and cover.
- Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- Fluff with fork and serve.
Although this isn't your normal saffron yellow paella, this is an easy weeknight dinner that puts something a bit different on the dinner plate. I will up the garlic a bit next time though. Also, since I didn't see where it was supposed to be added, I added it in the first step.