Recipe by sweetmoshine
A quick and delicious meal for a week night! The flavors are wonderful together and this dish tastes equally tasty over noodles or rice. Enjoy!
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon chili oil or 1⁄2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1 lb flank steak, cut across the grain into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil or 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups asparagus, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 cup sliced scallion
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup honey-roasted peanuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine orange juice, soy sauce, honey, cornstarch, and chili oil. Add steak strips, tossing to combine.
- Heat 1 T. of the peanut oil in a large skillet or wok over high heat. Add asparagus and stir-fry for 4 minutes Add bell pepper, scallion, and carrots; stir-fry 1 minute. Add ginger and garlic; stir-fry 1 minute. Remove veggies to a bowl.
- Heat remaining tablespoons of the peanut oil. Add the steak; stir-fry 3-4 minutes Add veggies to the steak. Add peanuts if desired. Stir fry until heated through.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve over rice or noodles.