Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Potato salad from scratch in just 10 minutes, and it's low fat too. I love the creamy taste of the dressing, and the olives compliment the mustards. This can easily be double to accommodate a larger family, however it would take about 5 minutes longer to prepare.
- 4 potatoes (kiwi sized)
- 118.29 ml plain fat-free yogurt
- 14.79 ml salad dressing (or mayo)
- 14.79 ml Dijon mustard
- 14.79 ml spicy mustard
- 1 pickle (or 1/4 cup relish)
- 59.14 ml sliced green olives (with pimentos)
- Wash, dry, and stab potatoes. Place on a microwave safe plate and nuke for 6 min 40 sec. (If you double the recipe, increase the time to 11 min 20 sec.).
- Meanwhile, stir the yogurt and mayo together in your serving bowl, add the mustards and set aside.
- Dice the pickle, add it and the olives to the dressing mix.
- When the potatoes are done, slit each into quarters, and rinse in a strainer under cold water until cool enough to handle. Chop them into bite sized pieces, and rinse again until they are cooled completely.
- Toss the potatoes in the dressing and -tada- you have fresh potato salad in under 10 minutes.
I can't thank u enough for this QUICK AND EASY potato salad! I needed a recipe like this last minute & my husband loved it. I had to micro my taters for about 6 1/2 minutes--I didn't run them underwater (thought that would remove 2 much starch)--but I let them cool a bit, cut them into quarters & then cut them into smaller pieces. I thought about leaving the peel on, but it came off rather easily. I added 2 slices chopped turkey bacon, 1 chopped hard boiled egg--I had no yogurt, so I used fat free mayo & regular mustard (had no other kinds!). I chilled it for about an hour, too. I also used the green olives & diced pickles--added a nice salty touch. Thanks again for this recipe; was a life saver!!!
This is not like any other potato salad I've had. It's quick and easy to make and the mustard and yogurt make for a nice tangy taste. I didn't have any olives so I added a bit of chopped onion instead. Very enjoyable! Made for Spring PAC 2012.
This is a great, quick way to make potato salad. The sauce was tangy and mustardy, which I loved. I left out the olives because I am not crazy about them. Made a nice filling lunch. Thanks for sharing this recipe.