Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a quick short-cut recipe that I thought tasted great. I loved creamed spinach and am ridiculed by my kids because they think it is gross. I think it is totally yummy so the joke is on them.
- 1 envelope knorr cream of spinach soup mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 (16 ounce) bags frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- Add the soup mix and milk to a large saucepan; bring mixture to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Add in the spinach, nutmeg, and pepper; bring to a boil again, stirring frequently.
- Take saucepan from burner and serve spinach immediately.
We love this recipe. I have made it many times with your Catfish Parmesan with brown rice. It is easy and delicious. We prefer it with just a sprinkle of nutmeg rather than the 1/8 tsp. Thanks bunches!
I had printed this recipe long time ago, it sounded so good, the reviews looked so good...Well, that was disappointing, it was completely 'uncreamy', needed more flavor too. Sorry, won't ever make this again.
I didn't like this to begin with. First of all a cup and a half of milk wasn't enough liquid to bring it to a boil again...So I added A LOT more milk. Then I added an entire 8 oz bar of cream cheese. Then I thought the seasoning was weak, so I added some garlic powder and more salt... At that point, it was really really really good. I only wish I wrote down exactly what I did for next time!