Recipe by najwa
This is extremely quick and easy, great for work days. Add some bread and you're all set! SOURCE: WWW.
Top Review by Susiecat too
This is a super-fast, easy dinner. I will confess I used fresh, pre-sliced mushrooms instead of canned. I sauteed them with the onions, and did everything else according to the recipe. It maybe added three additional minutes to the cooking time. I also added just the tiniest pinch of nutmeg as the soup was finishing. Delicious! Thanks, Najwa.
- 2 (396.89 g) canchopped mushrooms, undrained
- 473.18 ml water
- 29.58 ml butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml seasoning salt
- 340.19 g can evaporated milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain mushroom liquid into a measuring cup, and add water to make 2 cups.
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat, add onion and cook until softened; Remove from heat.
- Stir in flour and seasoning salt.
- Slowly add the mushroom liquid mixture and milk, stirring to prevent lumps; return to heat.
- Add mushrooms and cook until mixture comes to a boil.