Recipe by najwa
This is extremely quick and easy, great for work days. Add some bread and you're all set! SOURCE: WWW.
Top Review by Susiecat too
This is a super-fast, easy dinner. I will confess I used fresh, pre-sliced mushrooms instead of canned. I sauteed them with the onions, and did everything else according to the recipe. It maybe added three additional minutes to the cooking time. I also added just the tiniest pinch of nutmeg as the soup was finishing. Delicious! Thanks, Najwa.
- 2 (7 ounce) canschopped mushrooms, undrained
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain mushroom liquid into a measuring cup, and add water to make 2 cups.
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat, add onion and cook until softened; Remove from heat.
- Stir in flour and seasoning salt.
- Slowly add the mushroom liquid mixture and milk, stirring to prevent lumps; return to heat.
- Add mushrooms and cook until mixture comes to a boil.