Recipe by Agnes #2
Got this recipe from the "essentially food magazine". It's not the best chocolate self-saucing pudding I've had, but it is so quick and great if you have an after-dinner chocolate craving!!!
Top Review by Yankiwi
I had forgotten this popular New Zealand dessert until I had it at a buffet recently and really liked it. My DH is gluten intolerant so I made this 10 minute version with a gluten-free flour mix with an extra teaspoon of baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon of salt to compensate for not using self-raising flour. It was quick and delicious and I'll make it again.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1 piece of baking paper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine flour, 2 Tbsps cocoa, salt and 3/4 cup sugar. Stir in milk, melted butter and vanilla.
- Spoon batter into a microwave ring mold or a microwave-proof casserole dish. Combine brown sugar, 1 Tbsp cocoa and coconut and sprinkle over the batter.
- Pour hot water gently over the top. Cover with a sheet of baking paper.
- Cook on HIGH for 6 minutes.
- Leave to cool for 4-5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with a little whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, if you like.