Recipe by Simply Fresh Cooking
This is such a decadent fudge topping that has an almost "caramel-like" quality to it. It's so good on ice cream - or just eaten by the spoonful! There's no excuse to buy the jarred kind that's filled with preservatives when it's this easy to prepare yourself. Just throw 4 ingredients into a big pot and stir it constantly while boiling for about 8 minutes and you're ready to go. Easy peasy!
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup salted butter (or 1 stick)
- 3 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients in a large pot over high heat (there aren't many ingredients, but a large pot will help to prevent the chocolate from splattering everywhere as it boils). Bring to a boil and stir the mixture constantly for 8-10 minutes. Cover and refrigerate any unused fudge topping.
- The fudge topping will become firm in the refrigerator. Reheat on the stovetop over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally. Or reheat in the microwave - start with 30 seconds; stir, then continue heating and stirring in 10 second increments until desired temperature is reached.
- 1 serving equals 2 tablespoons.