Recipe by kelly in TO
5 spice tofu in 10 minutes, great with steamed or stir-fried veggies for a healthy quick dinner. This is also low GL so the recipe calls for agave instead of sugar.
- 1 cup firm organic tofu
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame seed oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 2 teaspoons agave syrup
- sesame seeds, for sprinkling over finished dish
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice tofu into 1 inch thick slices and dry with kitchen paper towel. Heat olive oil in a pan, add tofu and cook on both sides for about 10 minutes until it turns golden brown.
- Combine sesame oil, soy sauce and spices in a bowl. Add the warm tofu, then add the sesame seeds and stir well. Drizzle over the agave syrup and sprinkle a few sesame seeds on top.