Recipe by Not So Good Cook
Another life-saver (time-saver) dinner from Real Simple magazine's "Fake It, Don't Make It" solutions. A ready-made salad-in-a-bag and supper's done.
- 1 (1 lb) bagfrozen pizza dough, thawed
- 1 (6 ounce) package pepperoni, chopped
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) jar pasta sauce
- grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400. Mix pepperoni, ricotta, and mozzarella.
- Cut the dough into quarters and shape into 4 balls. Set asideto rest 5 minutes. Then, roll or pull each ball into a 7-inch circle. The dough will fight to remain in a ball but you must win that battle!
- Spoon 1/4 of the filling onto the center of each circle. Fold over and pinch the edges together. Place on a baking sheet and brush with the olive oil. Bake for about 30 minutes, until golden. Meanwhile, heat the sauce, and spoon over the baked calzones. Top with the grated parmesan.