Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A new take on an old favorite - shrimp instead of wings. Cooks up even faster than wings and tastes incredible. Taken from the Redbook magazine.
- 118.29 ml low-fat sour cream
- 118.29 ml low-fat mayonnaise
- 59.14 ml low-fat milk
- 113.39 g blue cheese (about 1 cup)
- 14.79 ml lemon juice (fresh)
- 2.46 ml salt
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 680.38 g large shrimp, shelled, deveined and tails intact
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml unsalted butter
- 9.85 ml hot pepper sauce
- 14.79 ml parsley, chopped
- In a bowl, combine first six ingredients to make blue cheese dip; cover and refrigerate.
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Add shrimp, tossing to coat.
- In a large skillet, heat oil, butter and hot sauce.
- Add shrimp and cook, stirring constantly until lightly browned, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle blue cheese dip with parsley; serve with shrimp.
- Serve with carrot and celery sticks on side if desired.
These were pretty tasty and very easy. They are spicy, so watch out. The recipe for the blue cheese dip could be cut in half or even quartered and there would still be plenty for the amount of shrimp the recipe makes.
We really enjoyed this recipe. I did make a couple of changes to suit our tastes. I couldn't resist adding a little minced garlic and freshly-ground pepper to the dip, and I also increased both the cayenne pepper and the hot sauce (Frank's RedHot), as I knew we would prefer more heat and spice. After I rinsed the shrimp and patted them dry, I just tossed them in a plastic bag along with the flour mixture, shaking until the shrimp were nicely coated. The skillet got a little dry while I was cooking the shrimp and they started losing their coating, so I added a little more olive oil. I think the olive oil, butter, and hot sauce need to be increased, and I also think it may work better to cook the shrimp in two batches. But it was certainly yummy as is. :) Thanks for posting!
With a beautiful pic like that, I had to try it. Had it for New Year's Eve and it was delish. I forgot to get blue cheese so we used ranch dressing. Very good, very easy and quick.