A new take on an old favorite - shrimp instead of wings. Cooks up even faster than wings and tastes incredible. Taken from the Redbook magazine.
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 4 ounces blue cheese (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (fresh)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, shelled, deveined and tails intact
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- In a bowl, combine first six ingredients to make blue cheese dip; cover and refrigerate.
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Add shrimp, tossing to coat.
- In a large skillet, heat oil, butter and hot sauce.
- Add shrimp and cook, stirring constantly until lightly browned, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle blue cheese dip with parsley; serve with shrimp.
- Serve with carrot and celery sticks on side if desired.