Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
Canned beans allow you to prepare this soup in just over 10 minutes. While the soup simmers, assemble a garden salad or sandwich to round out your meal.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add garlic and crushed red pepper; saute 30 seconds.
- Add broth and next 4 ingredients. Cover and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Ladel soup into bowls. Garnish with sour cream and cilantro, if desired.