Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
The title "10-minute" is a little misleading, because the 10 minutes refers to prep time only, but that's the title on the recipe card! It has to bake a whole other hour after that. Still, I do love me some pasta with cheese and sauce on it! The recipe is just a base(a very GOOD base by itself!); easy as pie to jazz it up with ground beef or Italian sausage, extra onions, garlic, spices--whatever strikes your fancy! Higher fat or lower fat depending on if you use low-fat ricotta, parmesan, and mozzarella. This came from a cookbook I had once, but darn if I know which one or where it even is!
- 26 ounces Ragu tomato sauce (whichever type you prefer)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
- 8 ounces ziti pasta
- italian seasoning, to taste (optional)
- garlic powder, to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Combine the sauce and water in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the ricotta, parmesan, and 1/2 the mozzarella, then the uncooked ziti.
- Spoon the mixture into a 9x13 baking dish and cover with foil.
- Bake for 55 minutes.
- Remove the foil, sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella, and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
This was so easy to put together! What a huge help on for a busy day! It was too cheesy for us, so next time I will only put the mozzarella on top- and none mixed in. I will also add more seasonings and maybe some mushrooms. Since there are only 2 of us, I split the dish into 2 casseroles. It turned out that one casserole is enough for 3 meals for us! Thanks for sharing this easy recipe!
There are occasionally nights when I don't care how long it takes dinner to cook, I just don't want to spend a lot of time prepping it. This is perfect for those nights, and since you don't even cook the pasta before mixing it in, the dish comes together in a snap. I subbed penne for the ziti and added extra mozzarella, a couple of minced garlic cloves, and plenty of Italian seasoning. After I uncovered it, I gave it a stir and did add to the baking time (uncovered) to thicken it up a bit. Thanks for sharing this simple, tasty recipe!
I made this tonight and my husband said it was great. I/m not a great cook so when he says he likes something....especially if it is easy to make, I am happy. Made the mistake of putting ALL of the mozzarella in while mixing. It still turned out great!