Recipe by Sonya01
Quick easy dinner.
Top Review by cathyfood
I, too, made just the gnocchi, not the seafood sauce, and served them with a mixed spring vegetable sauce, including asparagus, mushrooms, onions, and peas, with butter and fresh sage. I followed the hint from the previous reviewer and added some seasoning to the dough. I formed them using two iced tea spoons, and made them into little football shapes. I refrigerated them on a floured tray for a couple of hours until we were ready to eat. They held together well while cooking in simmering salted water, and took about 3-4 minutes to rise to the top. I scooped them from the water and put them in the skillet with the veggie sauce to simmer for another minute or two. We topped them with grated parmesan. They were very good, nice and tender , but a little bland. Next time I will use a sauce with a little more pizzazz. I made half a recipe, using 1 cup of cottage cheese, and it made 2 generous servings. By the way, I drained the cottage cheese overnight in a cloth-lined strainer set in a bowl in the refrigerator. I'm not sure I'd bother doing that again - it only drained out about 2 teaspoons of liquid. I think chilling the formed dumplings helped a lot.
- 500 g low fat cottage cheese
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup plain flour
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 400 g green prawns, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons seafood cocktail sauce
- 3 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Gnocchi: Place the cottage cheese in a large bowl.
- Stir in the egg yolk, Parmesan cheese and flour.
- Mix to form a slightly sticky dough.
- Bring the saucepan of water to the boil.
- Roll teaspoons of the mixture into balls and drop into the water.
- When the gnocchi rises to the surface, remove with a slotted spoon.
- Arrange the gnocchi onto serving plates. Top with the seafood sauce.
- Seafood Sauce: Cook the shallots in a pan for about 2 minutes Stir in the prawns and cook, stirring until they turn pink.
- Stir in the seafood sauce and sour cream. Heat gently.