I had to come up with a kid/adult friendly recipe to please everybody while my step-daughter was visiting. So this is what I did. We ALL LOVED this! It ended up making a lot, though, so you might want to make a half a recipe. I'll be taking this to the next potluck or family gathering that comes up! It was so good! It came out WAY better than I thought it would. I was quite surprised and happy! Hope you try it!
- 1 1⁄2-1 3⁄4 lbs hamburger
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can Green Giant sliced mushrooms, drained
- Ragu parmesan and romano spaghetti sauce
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 3 1⁄2 cups macaroni noodles, raw
- 2 cups shredded sargento four-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- Brown hamburger in frying pan with salt and pepper, oregano, Italian seasonings, onions and garlic until done.
- Drain grease.
- Stir in (drained) mushrooms and spaghetti sauce.
- Simmer on very low.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, heat cream cheese in microwave until very soft. Stir in the sour cream and beef bouillon well. Set aside.
- Cook macaroni until just done or “al dente”. Drain well.
- In greased 4 quart roaster or crock pot, place (layer) 1/3 noodles, then 1/3 cream sauce, then 1/3 meat sauce, repeat 2 more times until ingredients are used up.
- Top with shredded Mexican blend cheese.
- Bake in 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for about 35 to 40 minutes until heated through and lightly bubbling.
- Let rest 5 or 10 minutes before serving.
- About 10-12 servings.
- Serve with garlic bread and a tossed salad.