Recipe by Charlotte J
I am hooked on whole grain hot cereals. The other day I bought Bob's Red Mill 10 Grain Hot Cereal to give it a try. So just in case I don't like it, I wanted to post the recipe that was on the side of the bag.
Top Review by Judith G.
I actually made these yesterday. I diced up 1 whole apple and added to the mix, added some honey, used brown sugar instead of white and used whole wheat pastry flour instead of white. My sister just texted me that they taste fantastic and she can't stop eating them. (I also added a bit of a crumble on top).
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 cup unbleached white flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup bob's red mill multi-grain hot cereal
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix 10 Grain Cereal and milk; allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cream sugar and butter well then add egg mix.
- Add dry ingredients and milk mixture, stirring only until mixed.
- Spoon into greased muffin pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.