This is a recipe that I modified from a co-worker's mom's white bread recipe. It made such soft bread I wanted to see if I could use the base as a multi-grain bread. Prep time doesn't include rise time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together the cereal and first amount of water in a saucepan and cook for about 10 minutes to soften the cereal.
- 2If you want you can set it aside to cool or mix together with cool water and ice cubes to cool it faster.
- 3Put all ingredients into a KitchenAid mixer. Mix together using the dough hook, once everything is mixed together knead for 2 minutes.
- 4Place dough in a greased bowl and let sit for 1 hour or until doubled in size. I have also rushed this recipe and let it sit for as little as 15 minutes.
- 5Punch down and divide into 4 equal pieces. I use a scale to ensure they are the same size. Shape dough and place into greased bread pans.
- 6Let rise for 1 hour or until double in size.
- 7Bake at 400 F for 15 minutes or until golden brown and the sound hollow when tapped on the bottom.
- 8Remove from pans and cool on wire racks.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 10 Grain Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1985 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 951.8
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 105.7 mg
- Sodium 1802.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 171.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 26.8 g
- Sugars 17.6 g
- Protein 34.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: