Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe that I modified from a co-worker's mom's white bread recipe. It made such soft bread I wanted to see if I could use the base as a multi-grain bread. Prep time doesn't include rise time.
- Mix together the cereal and first amount of water in a saucepan and cook for about 10 minutes to soften the cereal.
- If you want you can set it aside to cool or mix together with cool water and ice cubes to cool it faster.
- Put all ingredients into a KitchenAid mixer. Mix together using the dough hook, once everything is mixed together knead for 2 minutes.
- Place dough in a greased bowl and let sit for 1 hour or until doubled in size. I have also rushed this recipe and let it sit for as little as 15 minutes.
- Punch down and divide into 4 equal pieces. I use a scale to ensure they are the same size. Shape dough and place into greased bread pans.
- Let rise for 1 hour or until double in size.
- Bake at 400 F for 15 minutes or until golden brown and the sound hollow when tapped on the bottom.
- Remove from pans and cool on wire racks.
Wonderful bread. I will be making this one very often.