Recipe by Purdy Good Cook
This is also known as pan bread. This bread is excellent, and we make it if we are having soup(instead of crackers), or if we are having a salad as a meal. It is also a thin bread, so it is great for dipping in dips. Hope you enjoy.
Top Review by crazycookinmama
This was just OK for me. However the 3 boys in my house devoured it! I added some italian seasoning and some garlic powder and used wheat flour. I am not a big wheat flour lover so maybe when I try this again with white flour I'll like it more. I didn't need three cups of flour tho, for some rason 2 was more than enough.
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups flour, i use whole wheat (Enough to make a soft dough)
- spices, as desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first three ingredients and let sit for 10 minute.
- Mix in oil and salt, then add in flour(2Cups, then sift in more until it forms a soft dough).
- Mix together. Knead for a few minutes and then let sit for 10 minute.
- Roll or pat out on a greased cookie sheet until thin. (I use the largest cookie sheet I have).
- Brush on melted butter.
- Sprinkle with spices- oregano, garlic powder, parmesan, basil, or whatever you desire.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minute.
- Remove from oven, and slice as desired.