Air Force Mama's Note:
Adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction. This makes ONE large cookie onluy
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar or 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons beaten eggs (crack an egg, beat it, and use 2 Tablespoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips, plus
- 1 tablespoon dark chocolate chips
- candy sprinkles (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- 2In a medium size bowl, mix the softened butter and sugars together with a spoon or fork until creamed. Mix in the egg and vanilla.
- 3In a separate small bowl, mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix to combine. Fold in 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
- 4Place the dough in the center of the baking sheet and mold into a tall ball using a spoon (see picture above). Dot the top of the cookie with 1 Tablespoon of chocolate chips. Add sprinkles on top if desired. Bake for 14-15 minutes, or up to 16 minutes. The cookie will appear very soft, but will firm up as it cools. Allow to cool completely on baking sheet.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 1 XXL Death by Chocolate Cookie.
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 843.1
- Calories from Fat 389
- Total Fat 43.2 g
- Saturated Fat 25.7 g
- Cholesterol 169.5 mg
- Sodium 1272.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 116.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 81.0 g
- Protein 11.4 g