Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction. This makes ONE large cookie onluy
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar or 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons beaten eggs (crack an egg, beat it, and use 2 Tablespoons)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup dark chocolate chips, plus
- 1 tablespoon dark chocolate chips
- candy sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, mix the softened butter and sugars together with a spoon or fork until creamed. Mix in the egg and vanilla.
- In a separate small bowl, mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix to combine. Fold in 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Place the dough in the center of the baking sheet and mold into a tall ball using a spoon (see picture above). Dot the top of the cookie with 1 Tablespoon of chocolate chips. Add sprinkles on top if desired. Bake for 14-15 minutes, or up to 16 minutes. The cookie will appear very soft, but will firm up as it cools. Allow to cool completely on baking sheet.