Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is deliscious! I really don't care for meatloaf but my dh and 3 sons love it, so I came up with this healthy recipe. I am all about the flavor and this recipe is a very creative combination of flavors, very gourmet! (don't bother with the store bought can, leave a piece of bread on the counter for a few hours covered with a paper towel, then crumble.)
- 118.29 ml plain breadcrumbs
- 78.07 ml chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 59.14 ml chopped herb marinated sun-dried tomato
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 eggs
- 29.58 ml whole milk
- 118.29 ml crumbled feta
- 4.92 ml kosher salt
- 4.92 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 453.59 g ground turkey
- Place oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Spray a 9 by 5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together the bread crumbs, parsley, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, eggs, milk, feta, salt and pepper. Add the turkey and gently stir to combine, being careful not to overwork the meat.
- Carefully pack the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until the internal temperature registers 165°F on an inserted thermometer, about 45 minutes.
- I removed the loaf, emptied the juices that had accumulated on the top, then put it back in the oven on BROIL for about 5 minutes so the top browned nicely.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes!
- Serve with a big, colorful salad!
Loved it. I formed mine into little individual meatloaves. I also added some finely chopped onion, but it's the feta that really makes it. Absolutely simple to make and so delicious. Looking forward to doing it again.
What a great idea for a meatloaf, and lovely flavours! This was the first time I tried turkey mince, and I can't say I loved it, but I would make it again using maybe chicken mince or even beef.