Recipe by healthy mamma
This is deliscious! I really don't care for meatloaf but my dh and 3 sons love it, so I came up with this healthy recipe. I am all about the flavor and this recipe is a very creative combination of flavors, very gourmet! (don't bother with the store bought can, leave a piece of bread on the counter for a few hours covered with a paper towel, then crumble.)
Top Review by Chad Wicker
Loved it. I formed mine into little individual meatloaves. I also added some finely chopped onion, but it's the feta that really makes it. Absolutely simple to make and so delicious. Looking forward to doing it again.
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1⁄4 cup chopped herb marinated sun-dried tomato
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb ground turkey
Directions See How It's Made
- Place oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Spray a 9 by 5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together the bread crumbs, parsley, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, eggs, milk, feta, salt and pepper. Add the turkey and gently stir to combine, being careful not to overwork the meat.
- Carefully pack the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until the internal temperature registers 165°F on an inserted thermometer, about 45 minutes.
- I removed the loaf, emptied the juices that had accumulated on the top, then put it back in the oven on BROIL for about 5 minutes so the top browned nicely.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes!
- Serve with a big, colorful salad!