Prep 35 mins
Cook 30 mins
Yet another one of my squash favorites. You'll love this one too.
- 2 lbs squash (2 cups)
- salt & pepper
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (2 ounce) jarsliced pimientos
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups seasoned bread crumbs (croutons)
- Cook squash in small amount of water until tender.
- Drain and mash.
- Add salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl combine pimento, carrots, sour cream, soup, and butter; mix well add this to squash.
- In a lightly greased 2 quart casserole dish alternate layers of squash mixture and bread crumbs (2 layers of each).
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes (until bubbly).