Sinfully sweet, tastefully spicy--so delicious I ate 4 bowls in less than 20 hours--2 for dinner then 2 for lunch the next day! Go on, try it. You'll love it up.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion (Vidalia)
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 1⁄2 diced jalapeno peppers
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chili beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canof petite diced tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Accent seasoning, flavor enhancer
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup honey
- Crumble ground beef in large pan; add accent flavor enhancer (optional).
- Brown ground beef.
- Add onion, green pepper, and garlic.
- Cook until onion is translucent/brown; drain oil.
- Add tomatoes, jalapeño peppers, chili beans, chili powder, cumin, thyme, salt and cinnamon.
- Stir and simmer on low for at least 25 minutes.
- Add honey; stir again.
- Serve alone, over rice, or spaghetti.
- Serve with cheese & crackers is a must!
- Oh--great with corn bread as well!
this is a great recipe , but I tweaked it a bit ,needed more beef flavor , I added about 6 beef bouillon cubes , and fresh cropped tomatoes . Also for great color - and flavor I added about a cup of corn , more or less to your taste . When I tell people there is cinnamon and honey in this chili they are intrigued
This is excellent chili if you are looking for a different recipe. My family gets tired of the same old dinners so I wanted to find a different recipe to an old favorite. I made this for my teenage son and his friend and they both ate 2 big bowls and loved it. It is not as spicy as you would think so if you like a kick to your chili you may want to increase the jalepenos. The sweet taste offsets some of the spice. I was reluctant to make this because I thought the combination of cinnamon and honey would be bad but it was outstanding. My family has asked me to make this again but to turn up the heat.
Excellent chili recipe. Here are a few variations that I enjoy - I use a yellow pepper (sweet), add a some cooked tofu (you won't even know it's there, and it's good for you!) and I throw in about 1/2 cup of sweet basil tomato sauce. Yummy!