Recipe by Tracie Altland
Sinfully sweet, tastefully spicy--so delicious I ate 4 bowls in less than 20 hours--2 for dinner then 2 for lunch the next day! Go on, try it. You'll love it up.
Top Review by avpfr
this is a great recipe , but I tweaked it a bit ,needed more beef flavor , I added about 6 beef bouillon cubes , and fresh cropped tomatoes . Also for great color - and flavor I added about a cup of corn , more or less to your taste . When I tell people there is cinnamon and honey in this chili they are intrigued
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion (Vidalia)
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 1⁄2 diced jalapeno peppers
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chili beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canof petite diced tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Accent seasoning, flavor enhancer
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Crumble ground beef in large pan; add accent flavor enhancer (optional).
- Brown ground beef.
- Add onion, green pepper, and garlic.
- Cook until onion is translucent/brown; drain oil.
- Add tomatoes, jalapeño peppers, chili beans, chili powder, cumin, thyme, salt and cinnamon.
- Stir and simmer on low for at least 25 minutes.
- Add honey; stir again.
- Serve alone, over rice, or spaghetti.
- Serve with cheese & crackers is a must!
- Oh--great with corn bread as well!