Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
adopted from "Taste of Home" magazine.
Make and share this 1-serving CHEESE puff recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 slices white bread or 1 1⁄2 slices whole wheat bread (buttered)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup shredded process American cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 6 -8 drops hot pepper sauce (optional)
- Cut breads into strips; place butter sides down along the sides and on the bottom of 10-oz custard cup.
- In a bowl, lightly beat egg; add milk, cheese, onion salt, salt and hot pepper sauce (if desired).
- Pour into custard cup.
- Place on baking sheet and bake at 350* for 35-40 min.
- or until puffy and golden brown.
- Serve immediately!