Recipe by Pom Pom
A super flavorful vegetarian pasta dish. If you like, toss in some chicken or firm tofu and you've got a very balanced, healthy meal! Quick and easy.
Top Review by SJBG
Made this tonight with chicken added (exactly as printed otherwise, except doubled - could only find 16oz boxes of pasta as wasn't going to make a half a box): very very good! My husband's not usually one for Indian fare, but even he really enjoyed this. I'd have it without the chicken too, or with salmon as the other commenter suggested (i.e. will make this again, many a time). The spices are just the right combo and proportion, and the peas, pepper, raisins, and coconut are a delightfully exotic mix.
- 8 ounces tri-color spiral pasta (or any pasta you like)
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth (may substitute chicken broth)
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup green peas
- 1⁄4 cup currants (may substitute raisins)
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper (chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix broth, coconut milk, spices and sugar in a pot and bring to gentle boil.
- Stir in pasta, reduce to medium heat and simmer for 6 minutes or until the pasta is cooked al dente.
- Add currants, peas, and red peppers. Mix well and simmer for another 3 minutes until currants are softened and peas are cooked. Do not overcook.
- Season with additional salt, pepper and sugar (or Splenda) to taste.