Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I needed to make a quick easy meal for my kids one day and all I had was some kielbasa sausage, onions, potatoes and carrots. Therefore, I cut them up and put into a pot of water, WA-LA, it was a hit. My now grown girls make it all the time.
- Cut all ingredients into quarter sized chunks (except carrots).
- Place all in 8 quart pot of boiling water.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Boil until carrots and potatoes are tender but firm (approx. 40 minutes).
- Drain liquid.
- I like to serve with a little mustard or horseradish on the side.
This was fast and easy to make. Yes, it is very plain but I guess I don't need fancy any more, with the price of groceries being what they are. Regular carrots were cut into smaller pieces instead of baby carrots, as they are to expensive. I'm also saving the water that this is boiled in to make split pea soup for tomorrow. I will make this again, thank you for posting. Made for New Kids On The Block - tag game