Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
This is a bar-shaped variation of the similar no-bake cookies.
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 1⁄4 cups oats
- 1⁄4 cup coconut, grated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a saucepan, bring milk, sugar, butter and cocoa to a boil.
- Boil for 1 minute before removing from heat.
- Immediately add oats, coconut, and vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Pour onto cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
- Cool completely.
- Cut into 25 rectangles.
I followed this to the letter and I ended up with a bowel of goop. Tasty goop, but it was still goop
Just delicious, but what I liked most was the speed with which I put it together. Very chocolatey, with a touch of bitterness from the cocoa. Leah.