Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
- 3 biscuits shredded wheat cereal (or 1 1/2 cups crushed)
- 1 cup instant oats
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, loosely packed
- 1⁄3 cup honey or 1⁄3 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter (or other seed or nut butter, sunflower is particularly good in this recipe)
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice (or other liquid)
- Line a tiny cookie sheet with waxed paper or greased plastic wrap that is twice as long as the sheet.
- In package, crush the Shredded Wheat. Combine with oats and cocoa.
- In a small saucepan, bring brown sugar, corn syrup, peanut butter and orange juice to a rolling boil. Without stirring or reducing heat, boil for 1 minute.
- Immediately add cereal/cocoa mixture. Stir until evenly coated.
- Pour onto prepared cookie sheet and fold the rest of the paper over top; pack firmly using a rolling pin or hands (be careful, the mix in very hot).
- Cool coompletly. Cut into rectangles, squares, triangles, roll into bite-size balls, or use sharp cookie cutters to cut into shapes.
- Keep refrigerated.
These are like a cross between no bake cookies and granola bars. My kids love them! They are asking for seconds as I type!