1/2 Photos of 1 Minute, No Bake, Chocolatey Cereal Bites
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 biscuits shredded wheat cereal (or 1 1/2 cups crushed)
- 1 cup instant oats
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, loosely packed
- 1/3 cup honey or 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (or other seed or nut butter, sunflower is particularly good in this recipe)
- 1/4 cup orange juice (or other liquid)
- 1Line a tiny cookie sheet with waxed paper or greased plastic wrap that is twice as long as the sheet.
- 2In package, crush the Shredded Wheat. Combine with oats and cocoa.
- 3In a small saucepan, bring brown sugar, corn syrup, peanut butter and orange juice to a rolling boil. Without stirring or reducing heat, boil for 1 minute.
- 4Immediately add cereal/cocoa mixture. Stir until evenly coated.
- 5Pour onto prepared cookie sheet and fold the rest of the paper over top; pack firmly using a rolling pin or hands (be careful, the mix in very hot).
- 6Cool coompletly. Cut into rectangles, squares, triangles, roll into bite-size balls, or use sharp cookie cutters to cut into shapes.
- 7Keep refrigerated.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 1 Minute, No Bake, Chocolatey Cereal Bites
Serving Size: 1 (22 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 73.7
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 14.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 1.8 g